Read about what personal data we may collect when you work with us and how we safeguard your personal information as well as the data we collect and track when you use our website.
This privacy notice covers www.productionlightandsound.com and the data we collect from you when you use our site, together with the personal data we process when you get in touch using our online form, or contact details.
These are our reasons for collecting it, what we do with it and what your rights are.
Who are we?
We are Production Light & Sound Ltd. Our registered address is Northgate, 118 North Street, Leeds, LS2 7PN (company registration number 05370205).
We are the data controller for this processing and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our registration number is ZB120474.
Purpose of processing
We process your personal data:
- to respond to enquiries about our services,
- to take the necessary steps to enter into a contract with you
- to market our services to you, including providing our newsletter
Basis of processing
When we are dealing with your enquiry we process your personal data because this is necessary for either the performance of a contract with you, or to take the necessary steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Where we are dealing with other general enquiries we process your personal data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so in order to deal with your enquiry.
When we are processing your data for the purposes of marketing our services to you we do so either with your explicit consent, or because it is in our legitimate interest to so to promote our services.
Where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
What personal data do we collect?
We will collect and process the following data from our website’s contact form, our newsletter subscription form or when you get in touch with us.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number (not required for our newsletter subscription)
Special category data
There are additional rules we must follow if we collect certain types of more sensitive data, known as Special Category Data. These include details of your ethnicity, beliefs, health and sexuality. We do not collect any special category data about you from our website.
Do we ever share personal data?
We will share your data if required to do so by a legitimate law enforcement agency.
When you submit your personal data online your data is held by our partner who hosts our website.
If you consent to the use of analytics and tracking cookies from our website we will share data with those cookie providers (see below).
If we are communicating with you via email or social media channels we will be sharing your personal data with those email and social media providers.
We will never share or sell your data to any other third parties without your permission.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We take sensible steps to keep your data secure:
- All data sent between your browser and our website are encrypted in transit
- All data we hold in our computers are encrypted at rest
You have a number of rights relating to the processing of your data, if you would like to use them or have any questions then please contact us.
We won’t charge you for doing any of the following, however we may make a charge in the case of frequent repeat requests:
- Awareness: You have the right to be fully informed about why and how we process your information. This privacy notice is intended to meet that requirement, but please do contact us if you have any questions
- Access: You have the right to a copy of the data we hold about you
- Rectification: If you think some of the data we hold is wrong then you have the right to ask us to correct it
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete the data we hold about you. Where we are holding the data to fulfil a contract with you then we will need to retain the data in accordance with the data retention requirements shown below
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of personal data whilst we check its accuracy, if you think the processing is unlawful, if you believe we no longer need to process the data but you need us to store it due to pending legal claims, or when you object to our processing based upon our legitimate interests and we are assessing the validity of that.
- Object: Where we are processing your personal data based upon our legitimate interests you have the right to object to that. If your objection is valid (for instance in the case of any direct marketing activity) then we will stop processing your personal data for that purpose.
- Data portability: You can request a copy of your data in a digital format which you can then supply to another provider
- Automated decisions and profiling: You have the right, in certain circumstances, not to be subject to decisions based on automated processing (including profiling) if it has a significant or legal impact on you. This doesn’t apply if the processing is necessary to fulfil a contract with you, or if you have given us your consent to do so.
How long do we keep your data for?
Where we are relying on your consent or our legitimate interests to process your data then we will keep your personal data until you withdraw your consent for us to use it, or object to the processing in our legitimate interests.
Where we are processing your data for the purposes of performing a contract with you, or taking the necessary steps to do so, then we will keep the personal data for 7 years after the end of the contract.
We utilise cookies on our website. Some are required for our site to work, these are known as essential cookies, and we also use others for analytics and marketing purposes.
We will ask for your consent to use any cookies which aren’t essential, and we won’t deploy any non-essential cookies without your consent.
What happens when I follow links to other sites?
If you follow a link from our site to another site then you should read the privacy notice on the other site prior to providing your data to them.
Where do we process data?
We process data at the address Burley Hill Trading Estate, Burley, Leeds LS4 2PU. Our web hosting provider processes data in the UK.
Our email providers are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework to protect your rights whilst your data is located there.
Making a complaint
Please contact us at the above address. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on their helpline 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk. If you should contact the ICO they will normally ask you to contact us first.